Thursday, May 28, 2009

Sharkie







This post should have been months ago, but it's summer & I'm totally trying to catch up! Anyways, Gabriella & Troy's elementary school had their first walk-a-thon this spring. Siskel, Ebert, & I planned to spend most of the day at the school helping out with the event, but we didn't bargain for what we got...an afternoon of Mommy playing the school mascot, Sharkie! Ebert & Siskel were great sports & pretty much entertained themselves all afternoon while I danced around the gym like a crazy lady..I mean Shark! The best part was when it came time for the 1st graders to come do their walk. Troy had no idea that his mom was the Shark, so I danced with him, hung out with him, & teased him...all without him knowing it was me. The biggest treat for me was getting to be a "fly on the wall" & see how great of a kid he was when he thought I wasn't around (& trust me, some of the kids were obnoxious & pulled on Sharkie & abused her the whole time)! It was a great afternoon! I've never been so tired & hot in my life, but I'll do it again in a heartbeat! Oh, the memories!!!!

2 comments: