Monday, July 20, 2009
My New Normal
We have been home with our precious princess for 11 months, and I can only now say that I feel like life is "normal" again. Whoever said that after you go from 2 kids to 3 kids, adding more is "nothing"....poot! Adding another child to our mix & allowing for family dynamics to work themselves out, has been a LONG process. Don't get me wrong....our princess is amazing & she has adjusted amazingly well! The past 11 months haven't been BAD...I've just felt completely & totally out of control (& I like to be in control...he, he). This summer has been so good for our family. We have had everyday to be together...all day long! We have laughed together, cried together, yelled at one another, & learned so much more about being a family of 6! Life is good. My RA also seems to be going back into remission & that is a huge blessing! I love it when I am able to give 100% to being a mom & not have to wonder if today will be a "bad day" for my body. All in all, I feel like we have finally adjusted! Whew! What a year, but I wouldn't trade a minute of it! I know that it is only because of Jesus that we have reached this point. He is SO good to us & we are so thankful to be His children!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So sweet! What a great place to be able to stand and look back at where you have been. It's been (and will continue to be) an amazing journey to watch unfold. Now, enjoy the fruits of all you work!!!
ReplyDeleteYay Karey! I love your honesty, and educating others that it is a process and sometimes a long process is so important. I am also so glad that your RA is better right now. You always have so much energy and spunk when I see you that I would never know otherwise. Your family is precious. Can't wait for our next girl's night. We will definitely toast to "normal!" for you guys. :)
ReplyDeleteTheresa
You sound very peaceful! God Bless you and your family always - and when the hurricane hits, may he hold you all tightly together!
ReplyDelete