Wednesday, July 15, 2009

DC Fun

We just came home from a great trip to our nation's captiol! Nate Dogg's brother & sister-in-law live outside of the city, so we made a road trip up to visit them & experience the city. On the way up, we stopped to reunite the princess with one of her orphanage buddies. This was probably the highlight of the trip for me...words can't describe how amazing it is to see these kids, who used to play together & probably cry together, now on the other side of the world thriving in their forever families! I also loved getting to meet his mom, my blog buddy, in person. The bonds we form on the adoption journey are indescribable!

We also had a great time hanging out with our family. I'm sure the hurricane totally overwhelmed them & wore them out, but it was great to be with them!

The kids loved doing the city! Their favorite part was riding the subway! It was a little nerveracking trying to keep up with them, but we managed. Here they are all "tat"d up with names & phone numbers in case they get lost, and pictures from our fun times in the city.


5 comments:

  1. That is SO smart to put tattoos of their names and phone numbers on their arms! You are a genius! Sounds like you guys had a great trip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great idea...we are traveling to England later this year...with all 7 children....and when we go into London- that would be good. Looks like your trip was fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! You are brilliant! I love the tatoo idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that looks like fun! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the tatoo idea...I'll be sure to file that one away! Glad you all had a good trip. I love DC. See you Saturday at the airport- can't wait to go to my first airport welcome and meet the Hamiltons beautiful boys!

    ReplyDelete