In the meantime, we decided to make a Tennessee version of it one night when we were eating bbq. She loved it! We just boiled her some eggs & put them in a bowl of bbq sauce! It was so cute! Now we have a back-up for those times when she's craving Doro Wat & we don't have any on hand ;-) !
The recipe for the Doro Wat proved to be very tasty, too! I won't lie...the house stunk like crazy & we were all walking around wishing we could plug our noses without offending the princess while she was walking around saying, "Yummy, yummy, yummy!". It definately produces a very strong scent while all those spices & onions are cooking down! The end result is well worth it though!
Here's the link to the recipe! http://www.whats4eats.com/poultry/doro-wat-recipe
I made a few adjustments...I used strips of Chicken breast instead of the legs & thighs. And, for the bere bere paste I found that mixing 3 tbsp bere bere spice with 1/2 cup oil & 1/4 cup red wine yields a little less than 1/2 cup of bere bere paste. Enjoy!
That is the funniest thing I've ever seen -- way to improvise!
ReplyDeleteVery nice :)
ReplyDeleteDid you go to Abay? We went there for the first time tonight with a couple from our Bible Study and really enjoyed it. Injera takes a little getting used to but overall, the meal was good.