
It seems that Gabriella & Ebert have decided that there are not enough children in our family. They are insisting that we need to adopt 2 more girls! For Gabriella, this is understandable, she lived with 9 other kids when she was with her Ethiopian family plus the time she spent at Hannah's Hope. I'm sure our SMALL family with only FOUR kids seems like there's not enough action or girls! However, it is quite amazing to hear this coming for Ebert! This was the child that insisted that if we added a girl to our family he would go live with his Great Grandparents! It seems our sweet, darling daughter has convinced him how great sisters are! They even are wanting to save certain things (like our old laptop) to make sure the two new sisters get to see it! My, oh my! If only adoptions were free! After this morning's church service, I'm thinking more along the lines of moving our family to Ethiopia to start an orphange. This is the beginning of missions week at our church & the focus is ORPHANS...let me just say, I was a blubbering mess during the whole service! All the tears of adopting don't end when your child comes home forever! That is only the beginning b/c Ethiopia (or whatever country) & the child's birthfamily will be forever on your heart! I miss Ethiopia so much! How blessed I feel to be touched by such an amazing country & people! Maybe we do need more children around!
Wow I can relate to this post. I would love to adopt again once Abby is better.
ReplyDeletePraying that Christians who are called obey. So many are scared to adopt, and it is one of the biggest blessings we have ever recceived.
Your family is beautiful.
Love this post. Ever since Grace came home, Jacob has been asking for 2 more sisters as well!! I think I have him talked into at least liking the idea of one more brother... that would be my choice!! :) And moving the family to Ethiopia... wouldn't that be fabulous?!?!?
ReplyDeleteI LOVE READING YOUR BLOG! It is certainly the highlight of my morning. I love how God has changed Ebert's heart, that's just amazing! I also love your heart for others, it so encourages me to do the same. We love you guys.
ReplyDeletejenny
Can the East's come with you guys to Ethiopia? Girl, let me in on these mission plans. You may have some helping hands ready and willing. :) I love that your sweet girl has made such an impact on her brothers. Your family warms my heart.
ReplyDeleteTheresa
I love your idea of starting an orphanage in Ethiopia. I've been thinking along the same lines. My heart is so heavy for the children of Africa. Things I thought were important, mean nothing to me now.
ReplyDeleteuhhhhhh 2 more girls? did they have their crazy meds??? HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! I wouldnt trade my girl for ANYTHING, but I would take 5 more boys over 1 more girl anyday!! girls are so much joy but seem to be a bigger "PAIN" than boys! : )
ReplyDelete