Wednesday, January 14, 2009

We're Still Here!

The new year is off to a busy (but good) start at our house. We rang in the new year with a fun night with my mom & my uncle who came up from West TN for a surprise visit. The kids were so excited when they heard a knock on the door around 8:30 p.m. & looked out the window to see him & his dog! We love our "Uncle Chuck"! I love for the kids to spend time with him, especially since they don't have a grandfather on my side of the family...he's a great substitute & my kids love him just like a grandfather. I wish I could post pics, but I accidently deleted them from my camera! Oops! It was a great time though! We made it to midnight & beyond (all of us!) and rang in the new year with lots of confetti, noise, & sparkling apple juice! It was a blast!

Now, we are off & running with the new year. The kids are all back in school after a fun holiday break. Now, I'm busy working on Gabriella's lifebook, scrapbooking my memories from our adoption journey, catching up the boys' scrapbooks, & starting Gabriella's scrapbook...whew!...my goal is to be finished by summer! Lol! I had hoped to start back to work part time from home with my previous job but it looks like I'm not needed there right now...surprise, surprise with the economy the way it is right now. Oh, well...I've got PLENTY to do & I'm trusting God with the financial aspect of this & know that He knows what I really be needing to do right now...focusing on my sweet family!

We just finished our 6 month post adoption report for Gabriella! So hard to believe it's already been 6 months! Time flies when you're having fun! :-) This past weekend we put on a relaxer on her hair & she loves the results. I ran into another adoptive mom & she told me about the "Just for Me" relaxer that is sold at Kroger. Her curls were so stinkin' tight they were growing but just sticking to her head. Gabriella was so frustrated that her hair was still so short. So, we tried the relaxer, &,now the curls are not as tight & her hair actually moves! She now loves to shake her head & watch her curls bounce! We can't believe how long her hair looks now & how much older she looks!

4 comments:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS IT DOES LOOK SOOO MUCH LONGER AND 6 MONTHS HAS DEF FLOWN BY!!! she looks sooo much taller too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love her hair!!!!! It is beautiful! I also cannot believe it has been 6 months already! Wow time flies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea about the relaxer! I knew about it, but mistakenly thought I needed to wait until Yayne was older to use it. We've had the same problem with the long hair that is so curly it sticks right to her head! How long does it last before you need to use it again?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I am a good friend of Gina Burches and am making her a set of "encouragement cards" for her birthday. Just a quick note/scripture to let her know of your love and prayer for her and her family would be great if you are interested. You can e-mail it to me at elizabethmyatt@mac.com. Your family is beautiful by the way...you are one busy Momma!

    ReplyDelete