Monday, April 12, 2010

Still Waiting



I've been meaning to post an update, but life with four kiddos is just plain busy & doesn't allow much time for blogging. You know the "dream job"...it ended up not being the next step for us. It was hard during the month or so that we were in a "holding pattern" with it, but early on I had a feeling it was too easy of an answer. Not that it would not have been a great challenge & ministry to be a part of, but just that this season of change was going to push us a little farther out of our comfort zone. During that same time, there was an opportunity to stay with Depot in a different capacity, and we struggled with going that route for the security of a job in this economy even though it's not where we felt God was leading us in the long run. We wanted to be wise & take care of our family, but we wanted to be willing to step out in faith if that is the direction we felt God was leading us. It was a difficult season to be in, but God was so good to make the circumstances such that we knew He was calling Nate Dogg to walk away & wait for God's plan for our family. So, that's what we did. He told Depot our decision and they thought we crazy. Maybe we are..., but we are crazy in love with a God who has much bigger plans than we do. They asked him four times to change his mind and couldn't believe that he didn't have another job lined up. They told him he could change his mind anytime...a week later, a month later, or even after his severance ends. I'm sure knowing that does provide my heart of sense of security, but I truly believe that my peace is coming from the Prince of Peace. I believe that the stirring we both began feeling last fall (& really years ago before the hustle & bustle of kids & responsibilities) is from God. I sense Him saying, "I gave you this dream, watch me unfold it." So, here we are. Waiting. Watching. Not only is Nate Dogg is the job market & hoping to find a calling not just another J. O. B., but I'm hoping for a call any day now that will lead me back to school counseling. With my babies all in school & my license freshly renewed after the class I took last fall, I'm ready to go. I'm ready to spread my wings and take my little light for Jesus to a new school (besides my kids' school). Who knows what the next few months hold for this hurricane....only God & I'm ready to see the view from the other side of this, but soaking up the grace & new mercies I'm finding daily in the meantime.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the update.....been thinking about you all. Will pray for God's design to keep unfolding before you!

    ReplyDelete