Well, you know you've been a bad, bad blogger when you have to reset your password before being able to login to update your blog. ;) What can I say, 4 kids keeps me on my toes! Now, I'm hoping to do 3 posts in one day!
Earlier this month, the princess' buddy from Hannah's Hope (our agency's orphanage) came for the girls' 1st sleepover. The girls (& the mommas) had a BLAST!!!! It was so good for our souls! Throughout the weekend, as I watched the girls laughing & enjoying each other, I thought about God's amazing provision for these girls. I remember looking at pictures of our daughter from Hannah's Hope & always seeing this other beautiful girl in so many of the pictures....wondering who she was & what state she would be going to. One day, my sweet adoption buddy, Charisa, emailed me & said something to the effect of "I found her family!". I could hardly believe it when I connected with the girl's mom & found out they lived in NASHVILLE! God placed these sweet girls, who are the same age & spent their orphanage days together, within 3 hours of each other on the other side of the globe! Girls need good girl friends..someone who knows where you've been & can honestly say, "I know how you feel...". These girls will always have that...their mommas will see to it! We're already working on our 1st girls' weekend getaway for January. Looking back to the months before we brought our princess home, I was quite obsessive about locating all the families of her orphanage-mates. I knew those connections would be so valuable to her one day! However, I could've never imagined that things would work out this way! Isn't God so good like that...to take a dream & make it come true in bigger ways than we could've ever imagined!

Experiencing jumping in leaves for the 1st time...
Sharing an afternoon snack of injera & shiro in front of the tv...
Sipping their Ethiopian coffee together...a special sleepover treat for
girls who grew up drinking coffee with their Ethiopian families...
BFF :)

Sooo Sweet! Oh the goodness of our God! Glad you're back in blogworld....missed you guys!
ReplyDeleteWhere are you meeting in Jan? - I'm interested!
ReplyDelete